Saturday, February 11, 2012

7 Great Ideas for any Valentine's Day Widow

Let's face it...you have no idea what to get that woman, that widow in your life. Whether she is your sweetie, neighbor, friend or stranger, finding something kind, precious, useable and loving can be a challenge. To make it even easier, I'm going to list the most time consuming to the least time consuming so you can fit this into your life. Just do it. 


'Turn Little Moments into Big Smiles" is their slogan. It may take several hours, loss of some hair and add a few wrinkles to create only 2 minutes of enjoyment , but it will last forever certain to make her smile!

If you have access to photos, you can create a fun, easy customized video to email or post on their FB as a surprise. Really easy to do. You can grab photos from Facebook or any collection. They have the fun stuff....music, layouts etc. Addicting. I create two every year for my daughters. This gift is so valuable I can't put a price on it. 



2- Kid Sitting!
Mama needs a break, do I need to say more? Do it for a few hours or a weekend so she can go on a girls trip. Heck, for that matter, present them with a ticket to fly off or cruise away. But, ensure her that their children will be FINE!! That's the golden ticket. This gift is so valuable I can't put a price on it.




3- Lawn Service or Handyman Weekend! 
My first year being widowed, I had two men step up and become my official 'Lawn Guy' and 'Handyman' and to this day, I am sooooo grateful. (Shirt optional) This gift is so valuable I can't put a price on it. 



4- Crowd Share- Introduce a new activity!
With Living Social, GrouponDealMap, you can virtually introduce something new, for a reduced price and engage back into the big world out there like never before. Don't let your pocketbook or lack of knowledge stifle your creativity. 

DealMap is interesting because Google totally customizes it for where you work, live or hangout. They will send you deals near you. You'll be surprised how little you know about the town you live in...so many great businesses and activities. 

Example 1: Sports- My daughter is into CREW, but I really don't understand the sport. I bought a rowing lesson for me and my friend to try together. $40 bucks later, it was a great time together full of laughs, exercise, living and empowerment. 
Example 2: Design Consult- My friend's home was 'stuck in a moment', she needed a little design advice to bring some life and sunshine into her home. I recommended buying a $60 design consult deal on Living Social. So she gifted it to her friend. 
Example 3- Oil Changes- a MWC'er collects money to give out oil changes to other widows. 

Widows rarely spend money on themselves, find something like a massage or nail salon. Think about what she'd love to experience. This gift is so valuable I can't put a price on it.

5- Eat out tonight on me! 
You can never go wrong with restaurant cards. Just make sure it's a restaurant you know she will like and really look forward to. Check out Restaurant.com for discounts to her favorite place so she can take the whole family and get a bigger bang for your buck. 

The brownie point here 'she doesn't have to cook or clean up'!!!
This gift is so valuable I can't put a price on it. 

6- Think about mentoring her kids!
This is wide open- what are you good at? Teach that to her children. 
This gift is so valuable I can't put a price on it. 

7- Honor the person they lost!
-Write them a letter sharing special memorable moments that only you can share. 
This gift is so valuable I can't put a price on it.


This gift is so valuable I can't put a price on it.

This gift is so valuable I can't put a price on it.


Any gift you can't put a price on will work.
Happy Valentine's Day. 
Feel free to share your own ideas and comments to this blog. 


Idea Lady,
Carolyn Moor



No comments:

Post a Comment