Saturday, January 28, 2012

Welcome PA, TX, IA, KY, CA, WA, TN, NJ and NY






Good Morning Ladies, I wanted to say 'welcome' to all the newbies. (I might have missed a state or two.)

I woke up thinking about how very phenomenal every one of you are. Living out your 'not supposed to be' life. Your eyes open up and you choose to either pull over the covers again (which is fine) or get up and accomplish something (which is fine too).

I don't accomplish everything I set ou
t to do everyday...mainly because I attempt too much. I don't always leave 'space' for what God has ready for me. I have a ritual that I try to do every morning, I pull a 'grace card' and this card always seems to be a northern star for me. It centers me.

Some days I'm surprised how poignant it is and somedays, I'll admit, I get a little miffed at what I pull because its usually something I'm struggling with and want to forget.

Just this moment I pulled my card: RECEIVE- When we open ourselves up to others, we open ourselves up to the abundance of the universe.

See.
I may not know you personally, but I think of you daily constantly. I praise you secretly and I know you do 'a-ma-zing', even when you don't take the time to realize it. I know this journey isn't always easy or wanted. But you have sisters, and they are freakin awesome and ready at the drop of a hat... this I know. There are a million places you can find solace online, I'm honored you are here and I promise to always be painfully authentic. Happy Weekend, we survived and thrived another day ;) 
Carolyn Moor

3 comments:

  1. I am new to this blog after hearing about this group from a couple of widow friends of mine. I was also doing research because one of my very dear friends lost her husband to ALS on Valentine's Day this year. I know that without groups such as these, I would never have been able to find love, peace, happiness and live my life again to the fullest. My husband of 15 years (we were together 24 years) died of a sudden heart attack on 12/3/2006 leaving myself and our three young children to reinvent our lives without him. You all are the reason that many of us in this very special "club" get up each day. Thank you for your beautiful words and the lifetime of support because the thought of walking this extremely difficult journey of grief feeling alone would be unbearable. Being a member of a sister club such as this brings a sense of peace and love to my heart that has been forever broken from loss but repaired by new friendships, understanding and love that only you can provide because you "get it" like no one else unless they have experienced losing a spouse. Thank you for welcoming me as a new member of the club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome It's a Journey! To the club that has a crappy entrance fee, but glad you found us and have such an appreciation for the sisterhood. Your words are so beautiful and thank you for sharing your story with us. Stay for a while, together we can weather this journey and thrive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing about the fee. I didn't realize that. I will have to figure out how this group works before I refer my friend.

    ReplyDelete