Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Western World Widows bring hope to Worldwide Widows with Kiva

You want to know one of my addictions? 
It's sponsoring third world widows with Kiva micro-loans. 

See what I mean.



From Mexico, El Salvador, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Nicaragua and the latest, Kenya. I started out small with a couple of $25 loans and then one of the ladies would pay me back...penny by penny until, I received the whole $25 back. 
What to do? 

Kiva allows you to receive it back, donate to Kiva or donate to another deserving woman! Of course, I roll it over and keep going. 

Recently, I had a beautiful Kenyan widow contact me through the Modern Widows Club Facebook Page asking to start an alliance, a new chapter in Kenya. We plan on featuring them when our new online MWC magazine launches next month, but for now, you can see their sneek peek photo here. 



The woman in the red shiny shirt is Roseline Orwa. We found out we have very much in common half way around the world. She is widowed, an advocate in her hometown welcoming other younger & older widows into her home, she's an interior decorator who loves planning events that benefit others. Isn't it amazing how God works out the details to be sure you know he is present. 

I'm not sure what is in store for our future but I can say this, I'm willing to make it happen on my end if anyone else is with me!! Let's be what the Dalai Lama said at the 2009 Vancouver Peace Summit- 'Western world women will save the world'. 

Personally, I think he meant western world widows will save the world.... but I'll take that up with him someday when we meet :) 

Will you please consider reaching out to a widow somewhere in the world at Kiva or on your own. 
Click here to follow my lead: http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/carolyn9237


Thank you for paying it forward, Carolyn Moor
Founder Modern Widows Club where
western world widows are bringing hope to worldwide widows. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy I got my loan from Dr. James Eric Firm now my life is back to normal, and my business is going smoothly thanks be to Dr. James Eric you can also contact him if you need a loan today? Email him via: ( fastloanoffer34@gmail.com ) whats-App +918929509036

    ReplyDelete